Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's been a busy couple of months.

So I realized that it's been so long since I updated my blog that I never mentioned the earthquake. A lot has happened since the last post. 1. Earthquake: I'm sure you all already know, but we had a couple of earthquakes in this area at the end of May. It was really scary for me because that was the first time I had ever felt an earthquake. We had a lot of aftershocks and there was quite a bit of damage in the area. Thankfully, no one from the church had any major damage and neither did the church building. However, there are still many people staying in tents because their hones are unsafe and recently we've been trying to help. We've made several donations to a couple of the camps. The government provides certain items to these people, but the main concerns are the heat and the mosquitoes. We've made friends in one camp in particular and we've been going to visit them, bringing drinks and snacks every Sunday afternoon for about a week. One couple has come to church on Sunday morning twice and they are coming again this Sunday. Please pray that we can be an encouragement to these people, that they will see the love of Christ in us and that they will be open to accepting Christ. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment